The Top 10 Cities to Buy Houses Under $20,000
Here are ten cities where you may be able to find houses for under $20,000:
1) Detroit, Michigan – Due to economic challenges, Detroit has many abandoned and distressed properties available at low prices.
2) Youngstown, Ohio – This city has suffered from economic decline, but it also has a large number of affordable homes available for sale.
3) Buffalo, New York – Buffalo has a large stock of older homes, including many that are priced under $20,000.
4) Cleveland, Ohio – Cleveland has many homes available for sale at affordable prices, including many that need significant renovation.
5) Birmingham, Alabama – This city has a large number of homes available at low prices, including many historic properties.
6) Gary, Indiana – Gary has many vacant homes available at low prices, but be aware that the city has also struggled with economic decline and high crime rates.
7) Macon, Georgia – This city has many homes available at low prices, including many historic properties that could be restored.
8) Camden, New Jersey – Camden has many abandoned properties available for sale at low prices, but the city also has a high crime rate and other challenges.
9) Kansas City, Missouri – Kansas City has many homes available for sale at affordable prices, including many fixer-uppers.
10) Memphis, Tennessee – Memphis has many affordable homes available for sale, including many that need significant renovation.
It’s important to keep in mind that while these cities may have homes available for under $20,000, these homes may also require significant renovations and may be located in areas with high crime rates or other challenges. It’s important to thoroughly research any potential purchase and consider the cost of renovation and ongoing maintenance before making a decision.